Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thank God...we're not homeless

Me, Pinyi, on behalf of Meaouwy Troops would like to share our grateful moment being a house cats. Our great grandcat was a feral or stray that pop-up suddenly in mommy's home and here we are the next generation. Myorie and Dixie were feral or stray too, they're new comer in our home here since end of November 2006. Mommy's friend once said, when there is a cat come to you human, it means "a spirit portal is open". Wow, do you believe that? The meaning could be vary, depends on that humans situation. For Myorie and Dixie's case, it brought new enlightment for one of our beloved human, an answer to the long quest for 10 years in searching the true meaning of learning martial arts.
I've been absorbed in my thoughts


Lately, as I become older, been musing a lot of my blissful life with all Meaouwy Troops members. How fortunate we are in here, not being homeless... We all so lucky that our grandmom had made her choice to settle down with mommy. That's why, I'm the most loyal member, being almost all the time staying at home, while other members sometimes love to hanging around our furryhood. I'd reveal our homeless furryfriend pray furr you...so please humans, with all do respect, never abandoned us and take home with you our feral or stray furryfriend.

Stray Cat's Prayer

Dear God, please send me somebody who'll care!

I'm so tired of running and sick with despair.

My body is aching and filled with such pain;

And dear God I pray, as I run in the rain...

That someone will love me and give me a home,a warm cozy bed, and food of my own.

My last owner left me alone in the yard...

I watched as they moved, and God that was hard.

So I waited a while, then went on my way, to rummage in garbage and live as a stray.

But now, God, I'm so tired and hungry and cold;

And I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.

They've chased me with sticks and hit me with straps, while I run the streets just looking for scraps!

I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can, for I have become just a "Victim of Man!"

I'm wormy, dear God, and I'm ridden with fleas; and all that I want is an owner to please!

If you find one for me, God, I'll try to be good, I won't scratch the carpet; I'll do as I should.

I'll love them, play with them, and try to obey.

I will be so grateful if they'll let me stay!I don't think I'll make it too long on my own,

'cause I'm getting weak and I'm so all alone.

Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry, 'cause I'm so afraid, God, that I'm gonna die.

I've got so much love and devotion to give, that I should be given a new chance to live!

So dear God, please hear me, please answer my prayer, and send me somebody who will REALLY care.

Author unknown

11 Comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

It's sad to see all the homeless cats being abandoned and struggling to find a place they could call home. I did my best and yet there were just too many within my means.

How I wished there's a sanctuary where cats are left there with
abundant food and no abuses.

How I wished there are more kind-hearted people around to help keep the population controlled to avoid unnecessary death for strays.

How I wished that there will be no sights of strays around the neighborhood but in the comfort of caring homes.

How I wished that there would no longer be any more wishes to wish that a stray are not taken care with tender loving care.

There will only be one God to answer that prayer.. the God in a person's heart which is filled with compassion, love, generosity and commitment to give a stray a place they would call the Forever Home!

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

What a beautiful poem...it made me think of the many feral colonies here in my town. Fortunately most of them are well taken care of, and at least one, located in a field behind the nicest resturant in town, feeds the kitties scraps left over at the end of the day. The waiters there are all very kind and work with the local no kill shelter to trap the young ones so they can be given a home.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

That's a beautiful poem and I heartily concur because I was a stray that was taken in by my present people. Since then I have never left the precinct of the gardens and am truly grateful for having a home where I am loved and treasured.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This is very beautiful and lots of meaning~~
I am also glad we have home!
And I am glad Michico could keep another brother to save one more~!!!!
Thank god and thanks to your beans~!!! We are all safe!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecil the Cougar: said...

This makes my Mommie and me so sad. This poem is exactly why my Mommie wants to start her own non-profit for cats. She wants to have an adoption center that will not turn away ferals, but try to work with them on becoming good house cats.

Fanks for sharing the poem!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

The poem made me and my mom cry. We wish all kitties could have a good home.
Tell Bunyu that my mom was able to help PooPoo with the meme.....come see!
--JB

Daisy said...

That poem made my eyes leak a little bit, too. I am very lucky to have a loving home.

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a sad poem. So many people do move away and leave pets behind to survive as best they can instead of even trying to find them a new home. We wish every animal had a good home.

The Cat Realm said...

What a beautiful poem! It made my maid cry but I know there is hope because I was a homeless cat and found the best home! Anastasia too, and Emil's mother was a feral cat. Mrs. OZ was lucky - she got adopted from the Huumane Society at age 7 month, so she had a home for most of her life.
We purr for pour homeless friends all the time!
Karl

The Furry Bambinos said...

That was such a beautiful poem! This hits home for Padre especially, since he was left at a VET's office by somebody, maybe a previous owner. Padre came to live with us by way of a rescue group in our area, as did Panda Bear and Meerkat.

Purrrrssss,
Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat

blogger templates | Make Money Online