Thursday, March 13, 2008

Javanese people (Indonesia) myth, 'Why Dogs and Cats are Enemies?'

Our mommie luv to tell short story on mythology furr all of us, and this one come from the Javanese (Indonesia). It's about the history why dogs become our enemies.


We'd like to share with you and here's the story....

Have you ever wondered why dogs and cats fight each other, or why it is rare for a dog and a cat to be close friends? Javanese people (Indonesia) have an explanation in a myth on this particular issue.

Long ago, all the animals lived together. One day, the lion is presiding over a meeting to discuss peace, when he notices that the camel is missing. The dog offers to find her. He races off and collides with the cat who is running late for the meeting. On returning, the dog's explanation results in humiliation, for all the animals laugh at him.

'Hear me, Cat!' he says. 'From this day on, we are enemies. My children and grandchildren will attack your children and grandchildren forever and ever.'

10 Comments:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

This is a pretty funny story. I wonder if it could be really true.
Somedoggies and kitties like eachother
really they do!!

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

What a great story. My bean loves mythology, so what could be better than reading a myth about cats a dogs!!! Five paws up.
:)

Jan Price said...

Hey, We just stopped by to tell you we posted the award you gave us today. Thank you so much.

Jan's Funny Farm

The Cat Realm said...

Yep, it's all the dogs fault. Of course. Hahahahahahaha. We wish the dogs wouldn't fight the cats!
Don't forget to check out our blog during the next 5 days - we are on a St.Patrick's Day adventure in Ireland!!!
Karl, Emil and Mrs. OZ

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I wrote a poem recently about doggies not liking me which I posted, but I think they just pretend to not like me....
--JB

Cecil the Cougar: said...

I thinks I would like doggies! And I wonder which Lion that was holding the meeting because my Mommie calls the Great Kitty Who Came Before Me, Leo the Lion. I wonder if her Leo Lion was the one holding the meeting. I would ask but any mention of that Lion and Mommie's eyes leak.

Daisy said...

That is an interesting theory! I used to be very scairt of doggies, but I have met some nice ones on the innernets.

Anonymous said...

An interesting story... we (10 cats) live with 2 dogs, and really..., I wouldn't know what to do without them.

We have cats that were never used to dogs and visa versa, but eventually we all get along very well!

Headbutts,
~Ruis

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I don't like barking woofies, other wise, woofies are quite ok I think. Just don't bother me while I want to be silent and it will be good.

Gattina said...

I have to tell this story to my neighbor's dog because he doesn't behave correctly, he loves my cats, lol !
What about a new header ? If you want me to help you I need pictures !

blogger templates | Make Money Online